Whatever you do, don’t quit and don’t walk away – not yet. No matter how difficult the road to success may become, quitting will never provide you with the answer to win. You should seek help. You should protect your vision from the voices of naysayers and saboteurs, to include your voice and your actions. But if you are going to win and walk out the purpose of your vision, you must refuse to quit.
Thomas Edison was one of the most prolific inventors that this world has ever seen. Without many of his inventions, the world that we now know would not even exist. He invented electric light, microphones, storage batteries, sound films, the phonograph and many, many more inventions. Would you like to know how he did it? Would you like to know how he became so successful? Here are the principles that he said that he lived by:
- Work hard to get the information you can about what it is that you want to do.
- Commit your mind to do the thing that you want to do. Find your purpose and don’t let go of it. Persist in it. Seek it. Don’t be afraid to struggle to do it. The trouble with most individuals is that they are defeated before they start because they are not committed to success. This is proven by the fact that whenever one or two unexpected set backs occur they are ready to throw in the towel.
- Keep searching for the answers that provide victory, no matter how many times your efforts meet with disappointment.
- Don’t allow the fact that someone else tried the exact same thing and failed to influence your efforts. That was then, this is now. That was them, this is you.
- Stay committed to the goal and the idea that somewhere there is a solution to the problem, and that you will be the one to find it.